ACEN, CleanTech to build 133-MW Cagayan solar plant – BusinessWorld Online


AC ENERGY Corp. (ACEN) announced on Monday that it has hired its subsidiary ACE Endevor, Inc. to build the 133-megawatt (MW) solar project. and CleanTech Renewable Energy 4 Corp. has finalized the formation of a joint venture company with

The joint venture company Nature’s Renewable Energy Development Corporation (NAREDCO) will develop, own and operate the solar plant and transmission line in Lal-Lo, Cagayan, by the second quarter of this year.

NAREDCO will build a solar farm and transmission line in 115 hectares of land at Bragi. Magpit and Bragi. sta. Maria, which will be connected to the 69 kilovolt Lal-Low substation via a 3 kilometer transmission line by the second quarter of this year.

“We look forward to working with CleanTech to help accelerate our country’s transition to a low-carbon economy and add more renewable capacity to our existing 3,300 megawatts,” said Jose María P. Zabaleta, Chief Development Officer, ACEEN. Pleasure.”

In December, ACEN and ACE Endeavor bought a 60% stake in Naredco, leaving Cleantech with a 40% stake in the renewable energy development company.

Cleantech President and CEO Salvador Antonio R. Castro, Jr. said, “There is much work to be done, but step by step and together with our partners, we will move towards a sustainable future.”

The projects are expected to be commissioned by early next year. Once completed, it is expected to produce 188 gigawatt-hours of renewable energy each year, enough to power 75,000 homes, while avoiding about 112,405 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.

ACEN aims to become the largest listed energy platform in Southeast Asia as it plans to install 5,000 MW of renewable energy capacity by 2025.

In 2021, along with the Ayala Group, it also committed to achieving net zero – the balance between greenhouse gas production and what it removes – by 2050.

Shares of ACEN closed at P8.38 on Monday, up 8 centavos, or 0.96%, in the local market. , Marielle C. Lucenio

Stay Connected With Us On Social Media Platforms For Instant Updates Click Here To Connect With Us TeaveterAnd Facebook

we are on now Wire. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) And stay updated with the latest technology headlines.

for all the latest Business News Click Here

Follow us on Google News for the latest news and updates,

read original article here

Denial of responsibility! NewsAzi is an automated aggregator around global media. All the material is available free of cost on the internet. We have arranged it on one platform only for educational purpose. In each material, a hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all content belongs to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your content on our website, please contact us E-mail – [email protected], Content will be removed within 24 hours.





Source link

Leave a Comment